Extra Care in Nursery School
St. Mark’s School provides parents with many options for additional care to help with their schedules. Children enrolled in our morning classes between the hours of 9AM to Noon may arrive early or stay later for additional care between these times:
7:00 to 9:00 a.m.
Join us as we set up our choices for outside play for the day.
- Enjoy small group activities inside—guided by children’s interest.
- Conclude with a literature circle before going outside at 8:30 to welcome the rest of our students.
12:00 to 6:00 p.m. Added Enrichment and more
Children enjoy their lunch, brought from home, in their own classrooms from 12:00 – 12:30pm.
At 12:30 we play outside. Children may be signed up for optional classes (at an additional charge):
- Dance or “Boys Only” Movement
Parents sign up their children to:
- Nap from 1:15pm until they awake and are ready to have snack and play.
- Have a ½-hour quiet time before joining the afternoon enrichment program which is very much like our morning classes, but include mixed ages from 2 ½ to 5.
Children are picked up throughout the afternoon so that we have a very small group after 5:00 getting lots of attention from our two closing teachers.
Extra Care is charged by the hour up to a maximum rate per month which includes tuition.